Wednesday, May 5, 2010

(Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Cousin David Doyle

Actor David Doyle (1929 - 1997), known for Charlie's Angels, Bridget Loves Bernie and a host of other film, television and theater roles















David Fitzgerald Doyle and I are both descended from William D Kelly and Mary Casey. They are the great-great grandparents to both of us, making David and me third cousins. I met David once during the height of the Charlie's Angels show on tv. It was great to hear him say in that gravelly voice of his, "Hi, Cuz!"

Not so wordless, but that's okay!

2 comments:

  1. I remember him as an actor. Nice to know that he used his real name, and not a stage name. Must have been fun meeting him, was he also into genealogy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I know, I don't think he was much into genealogy. When we met, I gave him a copy of the community history book from our ancestor's home town, attempt to explain how we were related. He was very gracious and cordial and accepted the book. I remember when I was about 14 when his mother passed and I begged my mom to let me go to the funeral so I could meet my cuz. She objected. So it was another 12 years before I met him when he was back home for a fundraiser. He used to be on the Johnny Carson show a LOT in the 60s - as they knew one another here in Lincoln in the 1940s. Thanks for posting your comment!

    ReplyDelete