Friday, October 15, 2010

Follow Friday: Around the Blogosphere

One of my favorite genealogy pastimes is to read the blogs written by other genealogists. Collectively, we are known as geneabloggers and rally around the geneablogging community coordinated by Thomas MacEntee. Site: Geneabloggers.com.

On the right hand column of this blog is a blog roll of my favorite posts from the blogs I follow via Google Reader. Look under "Around the Blogosphere."

Since there are usually quite a few posts from my fellow bloggers that I find interesting, amusing or helpful, I've decided to make Around the Blogosphere my contribution to the Geneabloggers weekly feature called Follow Friday - recommendations on web sites or blogs of interest.

Here are some of my favorite posts from the last couple weeks:

Essential Items for a Graveyard Hopping Kit - from the Graveyard Hopping blog

See History in Your Reality - A New Flickr Photo Project - from the National Archives

On the Bookshelf - What's on Your Kindle? - by Gena Philibert Ortega of Gena's Genealogy (we Kindle owners are as passionate about our Kindle as we are about genealogy!)

Identifying Major Stone Types - from Escape to the Silent Cities

One Hundred Seventeen Years Later - another great contribution from Graveyard Hopping

I'm looking forward to sharing more of my favorite blog posts every Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment