Thursday, October 28, 2010

Those Places Thursday: the men of Greenwood Nebraska


This photograph shows a gathering of men of Greenwood, Nebraska. Second from the left, with the cane and pointing, is my great grandfather, Daniel Kelly. The man indicated as "E.L." is E. L. McDonald, who was a long time grocer in the village. I even remember "Mac's" grocery store when I was a youngster. The other fellow who is labeled (whose initials I can't decipher) is also pointing. So I wonder if Dan and this fellow are supposed to be pointing in the same direction - perhaps at Mac? There's no other identifying information on the photograph.

1 comment:

  1. There's a story behind that photograph! It's too bad you/we don't know what it is. Do you know what year it was taken? It is very interesting photograph - lots to look at and wonder about.

    ReplyDelete