Sunday, February 20, 2011

Follow Friday (on Sunday): Around the Blogosphere - February 20, 2011

Sometimes, other duties interfere with doing genealogy, blogging and reading all of the great posts written by other bloggers. This was one of those weeks.

There were so many great blog posts being written about last weekend's Roots Tech conference, that it took a while to skim through everything in my Google Reader to pick out my choices for the best blog posts of the week.

Here they are, better late than never.

Why Roots Tech is the Bees Knees by Amy Coffin of We Tree Genealogy

Roots Tech Update 7 by Amy Coffin of We Tree Genealogy

Roots Tech Update 6, yep, you guessed it, Amy Coffin of We Tree Genealogy

I enjoyed this post by John of the Transylvania Dutch blog because it really hadn't occurred to me that federal tax returns could be a source of information for genealogists. 

If you're like me and getting sick and tired of 25 different bloggers posting the same genealogy-related press release on their blogs, help is on the way. Joan Miller of Luxegen Genealogy explains the new site, Genea-Press which should provide some relief from an over-filled RSS Reader.

Also from Joan Miller is this report from Roots Tech.

Bill West of West in New England provided one of the better reviews of the Rosie O'Donnell episode of Who Do You Think You Are.

I'm still laughing over You Go Genealogy Girl #2 Cheri Hopkins' tie in of her Hogg family with Boss Hogg of the Dukes of Hazard. It reminded me of the time I was walking around a corner in Nashville and ran smack into John Schneider.

I'm sure there were some other good posts this week, but I missed some of them because the author only syndicates the first few lines for the RSS feed; or there were too many affiliate advertisements and widgets on the blog that I didn't have the patience to wait around for the page to load; or the font size and color used on the blog couldn't be read on the dark background used on the blog. Sorry for the mini-rant, but with more than 700 posts back logged in my Google Reader this week, it's time to say adieu to several of the blogs I've been following. Adieu.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Three mentions in one week? Thank you! Glad you liked the updates. :)

    ReplyDelete