Thursday, May 21, 2015

NGS Conference - Meeting My Friends - Dear Myrtle!

Even though the learning experiences were phenomenal at the conference of the National Genealogical Society last week, what I enjoyed the most was meeting up with my friends - several of whom I had only "met" on Facebook. Now we know one another in real life! (IRL).

Once I started wandering through the vendor exhibits, the first friends I encountered were DearMyrtle and Mr. Myrt - Pat Richley-Erickson and Gordon Erickson. I had originally met them last Spring when they traveling across I-80 in Nebraska and we had dinner together.

Pat was the recipient of the President's Award at NGS this year for all the work she has done for the genealogy community. This recognition was so well deserved - for her Google+ hangouts, webinars, classes. I don't know how she does it all! Pat is an inspiration as well as a mentor.

This selfie was taken by Pat, and used with permission.

#ngs2015gen






Pat and Gordon Erickson



No comments:

Post a Comment